Founded in 1992, the Society of History of Sainte-Marguerite-du-lac-Masson and Estérel aims to promote the protection and dissemination of the historical, archival, photographic and architectural heritage of these two villages.
OUR BUILDING HERITAGE, FLOWER OF ART DECO ARCHITECTURE
The region of Sainte-Marguerite-Estérel owes its development to several creators and visionaries. Over a period of more than a century, from the 1860s (with Édouard Masson) to the 1960s (with Fridolin Simard), they fell in love with the place. One of these visionaries was none other than Baron Louis Empain. With the architect Antoine Courtens, he realized from 1936 to 1938, the domain of the Estérel, remarkable both for its history and architectural qualities of art-deco style and for its site and its landscape.